Updated 13 December 2021
NEW MILTON TOWN COUNCIL COMMITTEE MEETINGS –
TOWN HALL COVID-19 MITIGATION
The government announced they would be introducing their COVID-19 Plan B Measures last Wednesday (8th December 2021).
Though the restrictions have little effect on our committee meetings at this time it is prudent to remind everyone attending of our current COVID mitigation measures as below.
- Maximum number of persons at the meeting – 24
- 9 committee members
- 4 non- committee members (notifiable in advance of the meeting)
- 4 Officers including Town Clerk
- 7 members of the public including press – Members of public would need to express an interest in advance of their intention to attend.
- The above can be adjusted provided the maximum numbers are not exceeded.
- The room will be set up to allow for reasonable spacing for those attending
- There will be an allowance for a few chairs around the wall space if adequate space on the tables cannot be achieved.
- All furniture used by NFDC will be moved to the far end of the room by the fire panel prior to set up to allow for maximum free movement.
- Access/egress for members and members of the public will be via the main entrance only, a sanitiser point will be in place. The rear entrance off the car park is not in use for meetings other than for officers involved in the meeting
- Face coverings should be worn on entering/leaving and whilst moving around the building.
- Attendees will sign in on entry, a QR code reader will be in place for those who wish to scan on entry.
- Sanitiser bottles and wipes will be laid out on the tables.
- The disabled toilet in the foyer will be in use
- All surfaces will be sanitised after set-up/before the meeting and likewise when the meeting area is broken down.
- All attendees should be aware of hands/face/space/fresh air, signage to this effect will be on display.
- The water cooler will be in use, please sanitise hands after each use.
- Meetings should last no longer than one hour wherever possible.
- Attendees other than those closing the building should leave the meeting area immediately on completion of the meeting and should not linger in the foyer.