Citizens Advice New Forest are a local independent charity reliant on committed volunteers and location funding.
They are currently seeking to recruit some additional Trustees.
Duties of a Trustee at CANF
- To keep up to date with what CANF is doing, giving enough time and energy to the business of CANF, and meeting regularly enough to make the decisions that are needed
- To actively contribute to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance, seeking to further the strategic objectives of CANF
- To ensure that CANF is well-run and efficient, using their general knowledge, skill and experience
- To act in the best interests of CANF, accepting, jointly with other trustees, ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of CANF so that it is solvent and well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of the public
- To regularly update and refresh skills and knowledge; take responsibility for ongoing training and continuous development, including keeping abreast of developments within the charity, its sector, and the legal, regulatory and governance environment
- To commit sufficient time to prepare for and attend meetings and participate in other activities relating to the charity
- To monitor compliance with CANF governing documents and how well the advice service meets the needs of the local community.
Further information available from www.newforestcab.org.uk
or from Phill Jennison, Vice Chair of Trustees.